If you have a small lawn, then mowing it will save money and take you to fresh air. While self-propelled mowers with a rear engine and tractor are more powerful than you need for a small lawn, pusher mowers, electric mowers and coil mowers are cheaper, easier to use and require less maintenance. So, in order to choose the best lawn mower for a small yard, it is important to consider the type of your yard.
Top Rated Lawn Mowers for Small Yard. Our Picks
|Editor’s Pick||Budget Pick||Upgrade Pick|
|Model||Greenworks 14-Inch 40V…||American Lawn Mower…||EGO Power+ 20-Inch…||BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Lawn…||BLACK+DECKER MM2000 13…|
|Cutting deck||16 inches||16 inches||20 inches||12 inches||20 inches|
|Cutting height||1-1/4 to 3-3/8 inches||1/2 to 2-1/4 inches||1-1/4 to 3-3/8 inches||1.6 to 2.4 inches||1-1/2 to 4 inches|
|Power source||Battery-powered||Manual (hand-pushed)||Battery-powered||Battery-powered||Corded-electric|
|Run Time (min)||45||N/A||45||50||50-60|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|Our editor’s choice for the best lawn mowers for a small yard is Greenworks 14-inch 40V …. It is lightweight and compact, so you can move it without getting tired. It works long enough for small yards and gives you the ability to stack or chop your crop, and a 5-position height adjustment allows you to choose from a wide range of cutting heights.|
Lawn Mower for Small Yard Reviews
1. Editor’s Pick: Greenworks 40V Force Cordless Lawn Mower
Features and benefits
- This Greenworks cordless lawn mower with a 40 V lithium battery is a great lawn mower for small yards because it is very versatile.
- Its 2-in-1 function, which gives you the ability to style or mulch grass mowing, and the 5-position height settings of one lever allow you to select a cutting height range from 1-1 / 4 to 3-3 / 8 inches. These are great features as they allow you to customize the mower to suit your needs.
- Another great feature of this lawn mower is its compact size and light weight, which make it easy to move and convenient to store.
- The handle folds and locks for transportation and storage. Like a cordless electric mower, it does not require much maintenance and does not have any cord to bother you.
- Many very small lawns can be trimmed with a single charge, but if your lawn is slightly larger, you can buy a second battery.
2. Budget Pick: American Lawn Mower push reel lawn mower
Features and benefits
- If you’re looking for the best low-cost lawn mower for a small yard, this American Lawn Mower reel might be the best choice.
- Thanks to the rotating blades of a 5-inch steel alloy with a cutting width of 16 inches and an adjustable cutting height, cutting accuracy is ensured.
- The height of this mower will save you from bending and straining your back.
- 10-inch wheels that move smoothly and easily over tall grass are another great feature.
- At 25 pounds, the frame is lightweight and easy to press.
- All these handy features and its classic design make it one of the best low-cost lawn mowers for a small yard.
3. Upgrade pick: EGO Power cordless lawn mower
Features and benefits
- With the best battery available, a 56V lithium-ion battery, this EGO mower works without recharging for almost one hour.
- Another great feature of this mower is its 20-inch cutting deck, which helps you get the job done quickly, while also allowing you to maneuver in tight spaces.
- With an engine that starts at the push of a button, the mower is simple and easy to use.
- It folds up and is easy to store.
- Other handy features include LED headlights that help you mow in the early morning or late evening, as well as five-deck height adjustment options.
- Comes with a 5 year warranty.
4. BLACK+DECKER MTC220 Cordless 3-in-1 Trimmer/Edger and Mower
Features and benefits
- The Black + Decker 3-in-1 is a cordless multi-function electric tool that converts from a lawnmower into a trimmer into an edge banding machine. This is a great option if you have a small lawn and limited space, as this will save you from buying and storing 3 separate tools. To convert it from a mower to a trimmer, it can be removed. The trimmer head rotates to be used as an edge.
- Its motor is powerful enough to do work in a small yard. Thanks to the PowerDrive transmission, this lawn mower can mow and cut your grass and weeds and will work well on both flat and sloping areas.
- Another good feature is its lightweight and compact size, which makes it easy to move, carry and store.
- The removable deck of the mower is easily washed out, and the automatic feed reel eliminates the routine adjustment of the reel.
- Other great features include an adjustable handle and a height position that relieve stress from your back and help you control the mower regardless of your height or ease of installation.
5. Black + Decker MM2000 corded electric lawn mower
Features and benefits
- With this best lawn mower for a small yard, you can mow your grass with minimal cost. The only service required is blade sharpening.
- It packs, mulches or unloads cuttings and provides seven cut-off options from 1.5 to 4 inches. These features make this versatile and flexible mower that will adapt to your specific needs.
- This lawn mower is foldable for storage and has a convenient carry handle that makes it easy to use, carry and store.
- The mower is 20 inches wide and comes with a 13 gallon nylon grass bag.
- Working on clean, reliable electrical energy, it will help you maintain the excellent appearance of your lawn without any hassle, low costs and emissions.
- This company, founded in 1910, offers a 2-year warranty.
6. Worx WG794 Landroid Pre-programmed robotic lawn mower
Features and benefits
- This pre-programmed robotic lawnmower can be one of the best automatic lawnmowers for a small garden, as it can navigate narrow passages, has an intuitive keyboard and is fully programmed out of the box.
- This is a good lawn mower for a small yard, because it is so easy to install and use.
- It has AIA (Advanced Intelligence Algorithm) technology for complex haircuts and narrow passages, is flexible and flexible, and cuts most types of grass.
- This versatile robotic mower is self-sufficient and safe.
- It stays in place and has built-in security measures, such as a PIN lock to prevent unauthorized use, anti-theft alarm, and tilt / lift disable to prevent personal injury.
- This is a quiet, environmentally friendly zero-emission lawn mower.
- The company offers good customer service, support, service and evenly mows up and down the slopes.
- Landroid uses a shock sensor system to mow obstacles and automatically returns to base in the event of rain and to recharge.
- The cutting height is from 1.6 to 4 inches and has 5 cutting positions.
- With a maximum cutting area of 1 acre, this is one of the best lawn mowers for small lawns.
Looking For A Fresh, Powerful Security Plugin For WordPress?
Take a quick moment to checkout Shield Security - downloaded over 5Million times with a avg 5* satisfied rating.
Built by the same people you trusted to help you easily setup CloudFlare Flexible SSL.
Hey there! We noticed that you have had success using YARPP - Related Posts! Could you please do us a BIG favor and give us a quick 5-star rating on WordPress? It will boost our motivation and spread the word. We would really appreciate it 🤗 — Team YARPP
7. Troy-Bilt Neighborhood riding lawn mower
Features and benefits
- This may be the best lawn mower for a small yard due to its compact size. Although this compact lawn mower costs more than the other options on this list, it is cheaper than most riding lawn mowers and is suitable for a small yard.
- It has a 382 cc OHV engine with an automatic throttle, 30 inches of cutting and a maximum forward speed of 4.23 mph.
- With a 6-speed gearbox and 5 adjustable settings, it offers the benefits of a standard riding mower with the size of a wide mower behind the mower.
- It has a turning radius of 18 inches, front wheels 13 x 5 inches, rear wheels 16x6.5 inches and a manual power take-off for quick and easy engagement of the blade.
- Ideal for standard lawns of small and medium size with a smooth relief. With these characteristics, this may be the best lawn mower for a small yard.
- It is easily stored in a garage or carport, has a powerful engine and a 1.3-liter tank with a viewing window for checking the gas level.
- The seat rises to the middle of the back, and the steering wheel is a 13-inch padded clutch. This best lawn mower for a small yard has a 2 year limited warranty.
As houses have been getting larger, the parts they're based on have gotten smaller. The median yard size is presently pretty much 0.14 acres (about 560 square meters), meaning that the quantity of homes with small lawns is developing.
On the off chance that that is your case, to keep your small yard looking great without the hassle of a costly cumbersome machine, you will require an open air power device like a compact lawn mower for a small yard.
It's an essential force apparatus for any home with yard together with electric fence trimmers.
How to choose a good lawn mower for small yard (Features and performance criteria)
Size and quality
You should pick one that cuts well, is easy to maneuver, and is compact and easy to assemble and disassemble, durable, and made from great materials.
Search for models that offer dual-blade cutting frameworks, which are better at mulching grass clippings and more extensive cutting decks, which will assist you with investing less energy cutting.
A cutting support between 7" to 20" ought to be sufficient for small and medium yards
On the off chance that you are searching for cordless electric models, make certain to consider run time and maintenance necessities. The run time ought to be about 45 minutes to avoid the need of two batteries.
On the off chance that you are taking a gander at corded models, think about to what extent the line is and on the off chance that it will easily get tangled or caught.
Think about the maximum and least cutting statures, as well as the weight, the ease of adjustment, the amount of effort it takes to push it, and the width of the cutting swath.
Be certain that the cutting tallness is adjustable and versatile and that it is easy to adjust.
A few mowers have a trimmer and edger in one model, which is an advantageous feature.
On the off chance that you want an all the more dominant mower that will chip away at tall grass and intense weeds or if your yard is somewhat larger and progressively slanted, you should consider taking a gander at the best riding lawn mower for small yard or the best self-moved push mower.
It is also important to search for features that make the mower easy to utilize, for example, a washout port to clear out clippings, an electric start framework, the ability to overlap it for storage, and top notch wheels that will float easily over your lawn.
Best lawn mower for a small garden. Types
Compact mowers are advantageous and easy to use in a small yard.
Regardless of whether to pick a reel mower or a force mower will rely upon your personal needs and inclinations.
A reel mower will deliver no fuel outflows or clamor and is the best for nature, yet it will require progressively physical effort on your part.
A power mower can run on gas or electricity.
Gas lawn mower for small yard
In searching for the best gas lawn mower for small yard, you should choose whether you want a gas mower or you propel yourself, a self-pushed lawn mower, or the best riding mower for small yard.
The issue with gas lawn mowers is the poisonous exhaust that may harm nature.
Electric mower for small yard
In searching for the best electric mower for a small yard for your lawn care, you can pick between a corded or cordless model.
A decent lawn mower for small yard ought to be affordable and reliable, however which one you pick relies upon your personal inclination and your spending limit.
Do you see cutting the lawn as a therapeutic exercise or as an errand?
Your landscaping needs ought to also be considered.
Best inexpensive lawn mower for small yard. Advantages
The benefits of lawn mowers for small yards are that they will save you time and money, get you out in the fresh air, and are lightweight, efficient, and easy to store.
Reel lawn mowers have a few advantages for small yards. They will start without fail, they are tranquil and fuel free, they don't dirty, they assist you with getting some activity, and they leave trimmings in your yard, which may forestall the development of weeds.
Then again, cordless electric mowers, fueled by lithium-particle batteries, can run for 20 to 40 minutes, which is long enough for many small yards.
When utilizing an electric mower, you will have the satisfaction of a great looking yard without the poisonous vapor or the sentiment of harming nature.
Small lawn mower. Safety
With approximately 6400 lawn mower-related wounds announced each year, safety is another important factor to think about when picking a lawn mower.
Some safety features to search for in a mower are a handle switch, a blade-brake, and an elastic back flap to shield you from flying flotsam and jetsam.
Q: What's the best way to use a reel lawn mower? How does it work?
A: Reel mowers work by snipping grass like a scissors. In order to use a reel mower, you will need to sharpen the blades, grease and oil the parts, and use it frequently so that your grass does not become too thick.
If your grass is thick, you might need to start with a push mower before using a reel mower.
Before using a reel mower, be sure to check your yard for obstacles and rocks that might damage the blades.
Most reel mowers have five blades which work fine for cutting common grasses. Thicker grasses are best cut with a seven-blade mower.
Most will trim to an inch and produce small clippings that can serve as mulch. Keep in mind that it takes more power to use a reel mower, and you might need to overlap mowing rows for an even cut.
Q: How long does it take to cut an acre of grass with a lawn mower?
A: The mowing time for different sized mower decks can be calculated by using this formula:
108.9 / (mph x 0.9 x mower deck width in inches) = hours to mow one acre
hours to mow one acre x 60 minutes = minutes to mow one acre
The factor 108.9 incorporates the acres every hour measurements and a 10 percent time factor for turning at the finish of swaths. The cutting rate is the miles every hour rating at the prescribed cutting gear or the usual ground speed (utilize 9/10 of the mower deck width to factor in overlapping swaths for a uniform cutting activity).
So as a dependable guideline at 3 mph:
With a 21" mower deck approximately in 2 hours
With a 32" mower deck approximately in an hour and a half
With a 48" mower deck approximately in an hour
Q: What size is a lawn mower battery?
There are various sizes of a lawn mower battery, 6 V; 12 V; 36 V and 40 V. The most commonly used is the 6V and 12V battery. The 6V battery is smaller rectangular with an approximate area of 4 by 6 inches. The 12V batteries are bigger and larger rectangular with an approximate area of 8 by 10 inches.
Q: How long should a lawn mower battery last?
A: An average lawn mower battery should last for about 3 years if well maintained. The average run time is about 45 to 50 minutes
Q: Can you use a cordless electric lawn mower in the rain?
A: Utilizing a cordless electric mower in the rain can be unsafe to utilize because it's a force instrument. It is usually stated in the clients' manual of all electric lawn mowers never to utilize the mowers when the grass is wet, damp or when it's raining. Utilizing an electric lawn mower in the rain can be of great danger to the gadget and the client.
Q: How to avoid raking before mowing
A: Especially after summer, it's an ideal opportunity to deal with leaves. You can skip raking by cutting over leaves and hacking them into pieces. Be that as it may, when they start to accumulate you should evacuate them before cutting by utilizing a battery-controlled leaf blower rather than raking them. This will save you an excessive amount of time.
Q: What time should I cut the grass?
A: The best time to cut the grass is in the early in the day (8 - 10 AM). At this time, the dew and daily watering would have gotten dry. The grass will be dry, at full length and will be ideal for a decent cut. In the event that using any and all means you were not able to cut the grass in the early in the day, late afternoon (4 - 6 PM) is also a suitable time to cut the grass. At this time, the temperature would have dropped a piece.
Q: How many times a month should you cut your grass?
A: Cutting your grass on more than one occasion per week is advisable during summer, contingent upon the amount of rainfall. The more the rain, the more the rate of grass development and this may bring about you cutting it all the more regularly. Be that as it may, on the off chance that a sweltering dry summer is watched, at that point the rate at which you cut the grass can be diminished as the absence of rain will stop plant development. During hot seasons, longer grass offers shade to the dirt and forestalls over the top rays on daylight, forestalling soil transpiration which gives the grass supplementary water to live on.
What is the best lawn mower for small yard: Our Pick
Our top pick for the best lawn mower for a small yard is the Greenworks 14-Inch 40V...
It's lightweight and arrives in a compact structure so you can move it around without getting drained. It runs long enough for small yards and furnishes you with the alternative to either bag or mulch your clippings and the 5-position tallness adjustment lets you look over a wide cutting stature range.
Be that as it may, in the event that you want the best economical and lightweight mower for a small yard, the American Lawn Mower... will be the best decision. It is easy to maintain, calm and safe to utilize, and it will give you some activity while keeping your yard healthy and looking great all late spring long. The best part is that you won't have to stress over batteries, lines, or fuel.
On the off chance that you can go through somewhat extra cash our upgrade pick the EGO Power+ 20-Inch... will be the best choice for you.